Monday, January 23, 2012

Cafe Rio Chicken & Cilantro Ranch

I honestly don't know where I found this recipe, but I made it tonight and it was delicious. I'm using the leftover chicken to make enchiladas tomorrow. Enjoy!

Chicken
2 lbs. chicken breasts
1/2 small bottle of Zesty Italian dressing
1/2 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 packet ranch dressing mix, mixed with 1/2 cup water - I omitted the water
1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 Tbsp. ground cumin

Place all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Shred with fork and serve in salads, burritos, tacos... etc. Great for freezing.

Cilantro Ranch
1 packet ranch dressing mix (not buttermilk)
1 c. mayonaise
1 c. buttermilk
2 tomatillos, remove husk, diced
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
1 clove garlic
juice from 1 lime
1 jalapeno (if you want mild, remove the seeds)

Put all in a blender and mix. That's it!!

1 comment: