Friday, February 11, 2011

Recipe of the Day - Funeral Potatoes

Courtesy of Pam Miller

Difficulty Level: Easy
Rating: 3 1/2 stars

I know - funeral potatoes for Valentine's... Weird, right? Well, I have a guard party tonight and my girls BEG for these. I made them in the summer for my captains and they have been asking for them ever since. So, I will be making 3 casserole dishes tonight with chicken salad sandwiches. Yum.

6 small potatoes or 32 oz. frozen hashbrowns
can of cream of chicken soup
cube of margarine or butter (1/2 cup)
1 cup sour cream
1 cup grated cheese
½ cup of onions, chopped
1 cup chopped ham (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
Sprinkle of cheese on top

Mix all ingredients together and sprinkle top with cheese. Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (or longer if using frozen hashbrowns – about 45 min.).

No comments:

Post a Comment