Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Recipe of the Day - Green Jello Cookies

Courtesy of Red Couch Recipes
(http://redcouchrecipes.blogspot.com/)


So, I am sorry I have been MIA the past few days. I hosted a winter guard competition this weekend, and it was a little busy for me to say the least. But, I have found some great St. Patricks Day recipes that I wanted to share. Here are some Green Jello Cookies and I'll post another cookie recipe tomorrow.

3/4 cup butter or shortening
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 (3 ounce) package of Lime Jell-o
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2-1/2 cups flour

Mix all ingredients. If you desire, I didn't today, add a dab of green food coloring to dough. Roll dough into small balls. Put them on a greased cookie sheet, then dip the bottom of a glass in sugar and press dough until flat. If you like mounded cookies, chill the dough for an hour, then roll in sugar and don't flatten the cookies. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes. Yield: About 32 cookies -- I used the Pampered Chef cookie scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment