Friday, March 4, 2011

Recipe of the Day - Honey Bars

Courtesy of Grace Violet
(http://www.graceviolet.com/)

Difficulty Level: Easy
Rating: 3 1/2 stars

These bars are amazingly good (is that a word...?). I made them a few months ago and I am going to make them again, right after I'm done with this post. Hope you enjoy!




Bars:
3/4 cup oil
1/4 cup honey
1 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

Icing:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
a few drops of milk

Mix the oil, honey, sugar and egg together. Set aside; mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon separately. Add dry ingredients to the first mixture. Mix well (it will be thick). Spread into a greased pan (I use a half-cookie sheet), and bake at 325 degrees for 15-18 minutes. Mix icing ingredients together; the consistency shouldn't be too thick, but not too runny either. I add the milk 1/4 tsp. at a time while stirring until I get it right. Ice while warm. Cut into squares after it has cooled.

No comments:

Post a Comment